Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Craft- FIG Achievement Day's

For our FIG Mother's day craft we made little vases out of Ball canning jars & these super cute little flowers.  They were much easier than I expected & came out so cute!
We also made the cards that I found here.

The whole thing took about 1.5 hours.  I did have to take everything home with me to let it all dry.  For the flowers I soaked 1 batch there just so the girls could see them.  Then I finished the rest at home.  We made all of our flowers 3 coffee filters thick.  I did put all of the flowers together, added the ribbon & flowers to the vases & put them in the bags.  I brought them to church today for the girls to give to their moms.  Just too much drying time to do in 1 day.  And since I was just called & didn't have time to plan out a calendar & didn't realize our last FIG meeting was the only one before Mother's day, there wasn't another meeting where we could work on them.


In her instructional post, she suggested sticking with complimentary colors.  She was afraid you would end up with brown or muddy colors if your colors were too far apart on the color wheel.  I did try to warn the girls... but they kind of did their own thing.  And honestly... those were some of the prettiest ones.  We also experimented with different patterns.  They all basically end up the same.  So, don't try to kill yourself trying to make different patterns to make them look different.  Just get the color onto the filters the best way you can.  They will look awesome no matter what!



I was very happy with this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment